Monday, July 14, 2008

A New Toy!

Yup...I bought myself an early present on Saturday. Cost me a bomb...though I'm not gonna say how much ;p

Well, the old one was one of the first few models - from this company - and I got it while I was still working in London. Cost me bomb then too...but I guess it was well worth the money since it's lasted for more than 4 years of hard use. And it's still functioning fine - albeit I'm starting to see a few bugs creeping up now and then.

So, what's this new toy I'm talking about? Couldn't afford a DSLR (well, more like I didn't want to maintain sets of lenses and I'm not really into photography) so I got myself a toy called the H50.

It's of the prosumer range and comes with a 15x superzoom, at 9.1M pixel. I have thought of buying those slim and small type of point-and-shoot cameras - so that I can carry it conveniently around. But some of the good ones cost nearly as much as the H50 and don't have as many features.

I'm liking the H50 so far - it's lighter than it looks, comes with a tilting LCD screen, takes good pics, and it includes features like the Smile shutter and Night shot modes.

Anyway, not going to say too much about the specs - I just wanted to write something about this new toy ;p Hopefully I would be blogging more stuff accompanied by good pics in the future :)

You can read good reviews on the net and check out the pros and cons of this new camera in the Cyber-shot family. I was comparing it with the Nikon P80...but I'm kind of bias to Sony since I have a few gadgets that are of Sony's make already.

The New...

Retiring the older one...(look at the scars this one has had...)

No comments:

Post a Comment