Sunday, July 20, 2008

Penang Bon Odori Festival 2008 - Part 2

It was a nice experience at the Bon Odori festival and the fact that it didn't rain like the previous years allowed everyone there to enjoy the performances without much problem.

The following is two videos I captured of some dances - the second one, I was trying out the HD feature on the H50.





Most of these were taken at zoom, so the quality is not as good as it should have been...or rather is was kind o expected

This group performed twice - the second time after the audience requested an encore :)

And then lastly, these are some pictures taken during the second round of the Bon dance. By then, some of those in the crowd was already happily joining in by dancing around the stage :D


After that, it was going to be a repeat of the earlier half's performances and so we decided that we should head back. And also because I was getting hungry and wanted to grab a bite - we ended up at Kayu Nasi Kandar in Bayan Baru ;p

Anyway, I'm hoping to take be able to take more and better pictures with the new toy I just acquired. It's been a while since I have been able to blog two entries in a row - heavier workload and all.

2 comments:

  1. haha.....u can take from a good angle....haha i cant cos my lens too small cant really take a good one haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. kokahkok: Yeah, I was quite near the front too ;p Though still needed to zoom quite a bit - that's why there are some parts of the video is a but blurry.

    ReplyDelete