Saturday, January 8, 2011

Of Beer and Witches

So how was the first week of the new year for everyone?
For me, it's been pretty productive, work wise - although it's probably due to the need to meet deadlines more than any sudden burst of energy.

Friday's dinner with the gang was a good one. We tried out Weissbräu (click the link for a review by Gourmet Garden), the newly open German Bistro and Bar at Straits Quay. I had the Hungarian Beef Goulash, though I ordered it mainly because they didn't have the Braised Pork Shank that night. The food was OK, but I would say I enjoyed the Erdinger Dunkel better ;)
We had some good laughs that night and it was certainly a good way to end the week with.

By the way, unless you are a  a movie titled Season of the Witch. Unless you are a Nicholas Cage fan, you can probably skip this. Let's just say that the show doesn't have much to do with witches. And there was just no plot to the story.

OK...maybe now that I have lowered your expectations, you might actually enjoy it a little if you are to go watch it. Let me know if it worked :P

I'm glad that tomorrow is still Sunday and I can have another day to rest at home, probably trying to finish that book I started three weeks back - was juggling a couple of things lately, but no excuse I guess. All I want to do now is to get back into a comfortable routine and make sure that I get the "work life balance" thingy correct (clichéd terms, yes I know). And apparently my astrology forecast tells me that I should focus on career this year (got this link from Ling) - maybe I should take the advice. But then again, I thought that's what I've been doing for the past two years...more of the same then?

To LFC fans, tomorrow is going to be a big day. With Woy leaving the club, I'm hoping King Kenny can work some miracles (keeping my fingers crossed), although it's going to be a bit tough. But...You'll Never Walk Alone, right? ;)
As for Woy, sorry mate, your poor tactis and face rubbing antics kind of consigned your fate to walk out from Anfield alone.

Till the next posting, adios!

2 comments:

  1. Heya! My first week had been surprisingly hectic as well. Well... even if the forecast didn't turn out true/right... lest its a good start to a new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ling! I guess we have to make the best of each year. And I'm sure yours will turn out to be a good one, despite the changes expected ;)

    ReplyDelete