Saturday, December 1, 2007

Simply Enchanted

So the big celebration is finally over. And I'm half down with a sore throat and cold. Well, maybe it started even before the celebration. I'll write more about what we did yesterday - all I'm going to write now is that we spent the whole day at the mall - based on the parking ticket time stamp, I was there for more than 10 hours. Yeah, I know, it sounds like something boring and not quite so cool - like what would you do for 10 hours at a mall, right? Well, you'll have to come back again to find out in my next blog entry once I have sorted out the photos ;)

Anyway, tonight, I went for my second movie this week - two days in a row to be precise. I watched The Kingdom yesterday and Enchanted just a few hours ago. Surprisingly it's been a few months since I've watched good movies continuously - and by that remark, I meant that both movies were good and certainly worth watching.

I'll leave The Kingdom for another day. But since I just finished watching Disney's latest production, I guess I'll just talk a bit more about it - but no spoilers :)

Enchanted is a movie about...well, I think most people should know by now...but maybe just to recap a lil' bit. It's about Giselle, your usual Disney beautiful lady destined to marry Prince charming and become his Princess. When on the wedding day, a wicked witch, which is the Prince's step mother - also the Queen, hatches a plot to stop the "Happily Ever After" event from happening.

Only this time, Disney made these characters come into the "real" world, or rather New York city in this case. You can only guess the ending...think about the theme "Happily Ever After" and you'll catch my drift.

The cast for Enchanted is a good one in my opinion. We have Amy Adams as Giselle, i.e. the Princess (or Princess-to-be). She was really funny in the show. And also a beauty in IMHO ;p

And of course we have the Prince, played by James Marsden. Remember Cyclops in X-Men? OK...maybe it kinda spoiled his whole macho image after watching this movie. But he played his role well, by being blur most of the time lol!

The twist comes when Disney introduces The Man, which was played but none other than Patrick Dempsey. Don't know who he is? Think Grey's Anatomy.

And finally, how can we missed out Susan Sarandon, who play Queen Narissa?

Oh wait...I forgot someone...ah...it's Pip! Without him, the story would certainly be less funny ;p
If you are looking for a light time and plenty of good laughs, I sincerely recommend this movie. Though, keep in mind that this is a Disney movie ;p

Pictures were taken from the official movie website for Enchanted. There is plenty more there, go take look :)

No comments:

Post a Comment