Monday, May 12, 2008

The Land Below The Wind: Leaving - Day 7

Finally...reached the last entry. We were tired and ready to head home. It was a Friday and I believed that I needed to head to work after a quick shower...and true it was I needed to be there to sort out some stuff...deadlines and all.

The flight was early, around 7-ish in the morning. Well...early for late birds like me - I'm sure at this juncture Kitty would quip that it should be "late pigs rather...". OK, OK...I find it hard to get up in the morning...and oft oversleep.

But like I said, going home after a week-long and tiring trip was much in my mind too - reaching Penang earlier has its benefits ;p

A shot of AirAsia's Airbus A320 (correct me if I got the model wrong ;p) while waiting for boarding.

Kitty and I "lounging" - had to repack some of our stuff cause it went over the allowed weight limit. Must be the wet clothes...yeah...ewww! ;p

A group shot by Pang - that's why he's missing doh! ;p I looked like I was about to fall asleep where I was sitting heh ;p

We arrived ahead on time at the Penang airport - again it was a surprise, since my experience with budget airlines - and Airasia - hasn't really been great when it came to being punctual...much less arriving ahead of time!

And there we have it...a long and tiring 7-day trip to Kota Kinabalu and up the famous Mount KK. And I know some of my friends would disagree with me, but it was a fantastic experience and well-worth the effort, the trainings and eye bags just to be able to stand at Low's Peak and take it all in. Simply brilliant!

Oh...and not forgetting...for making up Low's Peak, we got some certificates to prove it ;p

If you have not tried it, do make it one of your trips to Mount KK this year. It's getting more expensive to go up these days since they raise the prices - so go do it before it hits something like RM1K just to experience what I had. OK, maybe not 1K, but I paid something like Rm700, so it's not too far off, right? ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment