Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Vedic Astrology

I was reading The Star when I came across this article about the 2008 horoscope base on moon signs. It says that 2008 will be a better year than the previous. Let us hope so.

Now most of us would know what a sun signs are - the usual Aries, Taurus, Gemini,...etc. which are common in Western horoscope. But I was curious about what moon signs were all about since the article said that our moon signs might not be the same as our sun signs.

For example, my sun sign is Cancer, but my moon sign is Leo. This is calculated based on the time and location of my birth, couple with the position of the moon at that time.

There are many sites on the net, which you can use to determine your moon sign. I started off from here. And following the moon chart for the year of my birth, my moon sign is Leo and this is what it says:
MOON IN LEO

The Moon in Leo makes you strong, proud and courageous. You enjoy responsibility, and often take on too much of it. You have a natural attraction authority, and enjoy appearing the public eye.

You would rather lead than follow any day. Your inherent pride makes you very susceptible to love affairs. The opposite sex takes a strong interest in you because of the frequency and sincerity of these affairs.

Your actions at work attract the attention, and respect of your superiors. This can only mean good things for you as far as your career is concerned. As far as money is concerned you are very generous, a little too generous (much the same with your affections!).

The Moon in Leo makes for a strong intellect and a strong love of the arts. Don't be surprised if your occupation involves the theatre, music, painting or literature. You also have a love for luxuries. You like to drink the finest wine life has to offer. You are lively in spirit, have a high intelligence and have good prioritizing skills.
I knew I was in the wrong line of work! I should have been an actor or something... ;p

OK...usually I would go to more than one site to view my horoscope...shouldn't just trust one side, right? While I'm not really into horoscope nor truly believe in it's readings, I find it interesting to read if I fit into the described characteristics.

So the next site I found was Indastro. This site provides more detailed description and various other charts...which I'm not knowing how to read. Anyway, after keying my particulars - time of birth, year, location, gender...here is what it says about my personality in general:
GENERAL RESULTS OF BEING BORN IN MAGHA NAKSHATRA

Male Natives

1. Physical features: He has a prominent neck and a hairy body. There is a mole in the hands and also beneath the shoulder. Medium size height. Innocent looking countenance.
Ivan: Hairy...a bit la...and quite right about the other stuff...I like the "innocent looking countenance" part ;)

2. Character and general events: He is very enterprising. He will respect elders. He will be God fearing. He enjoys his life. He is expert in various sciences and soft spoken. He likes to lead a noiseless life. The native will be receiving honor and recognition from the learned persons. He has good knowledge about various arts.
Ivan: Hm...I'm currently a freethinker... but who knows... might receive a calling when I'm at an older stage in life...
And arts again... maybe I can fulfill my wish of being a writer? ;p

He will devote his valuable time for the expansion of his culture and actively involves in various cultural activities.

His dealing with others will be with a well thought planning and he doesn't want to hurt the feelings of others. In case any of his action is responsible for hurting the feeling of others, he is immediately tries to rectify such action. He also does not like any person who makes hindrance or causes troubles to others. That is why there may be several hidden enemies in the native's life. He is hot-tempered. He cannot tolerate any action or activity which is not within the purview of truth. But this mental feeling leads him into a state of failures. Selfishness is a remote question for him. He does several things for the community or society not with the intention of getting anything in return but for mental satisfaction. This is the reason why the native is able to catch the eyes of the public.
Ivan: What can I say? Pretty accurate except the last part about doing things for the public - can't say that I have done much, if at all. Again...could this be my future I'm seeing?

3. Education, sources of earning/profession: He will have many servants and great wealth. In the professional field he cannot attain much success in the material field as he is not business minded and mainly due to his straightforwardness. However, he will be a fitting example of sincerity and hard work. this inherent quality of sincerity and hard work do sometimes pay him some lift but not to the extent when we see the balance. He is bound to change his field of earning business. Once he takes a decision, he will stick to that decision. His dealings with his superiors and subordinates are very cordial and most technical. Hence he is able to be a link between his boss and subordinates.
Ivan: Haha...I don't really feel rich nor anything close... hopefully 2008 would be a much better indication ;p

4. Family life : Most of the Magha born male natives will enjoy a happy and harmonious married life. He has to shoulder several responsibilities, to be more specific, burden of his co-borns.
Ivan: Hm...co-borns...as in brothers and sisters? I have an elder brother...but I don't think he'll be a burden nor need much help for that matter... I wonder in what sense the reading is talking about...

5. Health: He may suffer from night blindness, cancer if Saturn and Mars jointly aspects Moon in this Nakshatra or conjoin in this Nakshatra, asthma or epilepsy.
Ivan: Ouch...cancer? OK...time to cut down on the drinks... and cigs. Is having one cig a day considered a lot? Pathetic, some might say ;)
It was certainly an interesting, if not enlightening, read. Which moon sign are you? Is it accurate or perhaps you do not believe in such stuff?

It's Friday again and it looks like a favourable day for me today...my horoscope says:

Happy Friday! And have a good weekend ahead :)

2 comments:

  1. I have just one question.

    When did you start smoking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...about a year after I came back...Not a good habit to start I admit, but...oh well. It's more of a habit than an addiction at the moment ;p

    ReplyDelete