Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Here's to wishing everyone who is reading Simply Rojak a very happy and prosperous new year. This year is the Year of the Earth Rat so may the year ahead be a better one than the last. Hopefully there's lots of wealth and an abundance of luck for everyone to share.

And I'm sure those of us who believe would have read their horoscope for the year ahead already. I was born in the year of the monkey and my mum tells me that I will have "siu yan" this year. "Siu yan" as in the person talking bad about me behind my back. So maybe I need to "ta siu yan" (hit "siu yan") later ;p

Anyway, tonight is the 30th and so I hope everyone who is celebrating had a great reunion dinner. I certainly had a very filling one and also a memorable one since it's a long while since the whole family is around for the dinner. Haha...remember when you "lou shang" to "lou" high, high lo! :D

5 comments:

  1. bobbyt: Thanks! Happy CNY to you too! Hope you are having great time!

    boso: Yo mate! Thanks! Hope things are going great. Now that you have gotten your citizenship, should have one less headache to worry about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Chinese New Year :)

    I'm born in water-dog year; hope I won't be CHAM like 'Shui Gao' .... blekkk ....hehe ... but I'm not sure is it I need to 'ta siu yan' this year.

    Today, I'm back to work as normal after 4days celebration of CNY with my family. wish I have a good start in this FIRST DAY la ...

    Wish you good luck in your career too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kitty: Hey! Gong Xi! Gong Xi! Gong Xi Fa Cai! I saw the horoscope on Astro AEC for those born in the year of the Dog - looks pretty alright for 2008.

    Those born in the year of the Cow should have it the best this year. Monkey is third on the list. Hehe and apparently I will have three "kuai yan" this year - as in people who will help me and bring me good luck :p

    Anyway, I wish you all the best this year and may you have lots and lots of luck in life and plenty of opportunities in your career :D

    ReplyDelete