Thursday, February 21, 2008

We Are Going Blu!

Well, maybe everyone else except LG. Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Universal Pictures Digital Platforms has now turn their backs on Toshiba's HD DVD - one day after Toshiba decided to end the development of their product.

However, LG decided to continue to develop players compatible with both Blu-ray and HD DVD format, which would "therefore create simplicity and convenience for the existing HD DVD consumer".

So I bet now Sony's PS3 would receive a little bit more attention since the game console comes with a Blu-ray player. However, the pricing of the console depends a lot on it's competition with XBox rather than the price of manufacturing a Blu-ray disc player. And the last I read, Microsoft is already slashing the prices of its XBox360 in Canada to compete with the PS3 and the top-selling Nintendo Wii.

Personally, I have only tried the Wii so far cause it's more popular and therefore more people has it. I can understand why it's making a hit and I certainly had a lot of fun with it. But as for getting a console that has more choices of games, I would prefer to get a PS3 - of course, now it becomes more attractive considering the disc player that comes with it. Or maybe if I can save up some money, I could get both Wii and PS3.

But...that would leave the XBox360...hehe...OK...can't be greedy now ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment